I should have blogged about this long ago, as I feel that this is a very useful way of debugging unit tests with maven. This is especially so if you're primarily a command line sort of guy like myself.
All that is required to be able to debug a unit test is
- configure the maven surefire plugin from within a profile
- activate the maven profile from the command line
The following XML profiles section will work just peachy for you.
<profiles> <profile> <id>dtest</id> <properties> <maven.test.skip>false</maven.test.skip> </properties> <build> <plugins> <plugin> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId> <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId> <version>2.5</version> <configuration> <forkMode>once</forkMode> <debugForkedProcess>true</debugForkedProcess> </configuration> </plugin> </plugins> </build> </profile> </profiles>
Now just run this.
mvn -Pdtest package
My intention is to make all of my android videos as simple as possible, and as short as possible. That way you can learn what you need to, and get on with it.
This is a quick demo on how to get started on developing for Android. It is "hopefully" the first in a serious of android demo videos that I will be creating. I am mainly creating them for myself, so as to become familiar with basic android development tasks, and also to play with recording sessions; I too am a newbie to Android development. I am putting them on YouTube in case anyone else may find them valuable; perhaps for their simplicity. I hope you enjoy.
I've started a project called LDAP Persistence API for Java, or LPA for short. It is a Java framework for interacting with LDAP entries using pure Java objects. It is based on Java annotations.
It is no were near to being complete, but the query functionality is working. I still have a lot of work to do, in order to make it be able to persist existing annotated Java objects to LDAP. I'm likely to create some sort of intermediate step, until I can finish that.
In this article we talk about reflection with arrays in Java. Java array reflection is not difficult, but it can be trying to figure it out without a good example. Ultimately, what I needed was a way of injecting information into an array field. Of course, you need to inject the same "type" of array as the field is. That is what can be difficult to figure out, if you've never done it before.
In this example, I am using Java 1.6. I won't bother determining what is, or is not supported in prior versions of the Java language.
I thought it may be nice for those googlers that want to know about JAXB, to have a quick working example to use. So, that is the purpose of this post.
Seeing that my research project is a mini accounting system, I thought it necessary to be able to display items in a status bar, like a real application. It is very slightly unfortunate that ZK doesn't have something integrated right in for this purpose. But, given the versatility of ZK, it's easy enough to resolve.
Once I had some basic functionality in my mini accounting system that I'm writing (for research purposes), one of my goals was to have an adequate error display for the user, that was the same every time. Suffice it to say, I was completely thrilled to find out that ZK could do exactly what I wanted to do, and I didn't have to write an once of code. All I did was write some ZUL, which wrapped a JSP inside of a ZK window. I share how I did that in this post.
I am in the process of working with and researching ZK as an AJAX framework to integrate into Java Web Development that I do. So far, AJAX looks really amazing, and is fully integrated into the J2EE framework. It is an event driven framework that has the option of hooking directly into existing JSP, or entirely writing ZK event handlers to do the processing. There is no wonder that ZK won the Project of the Month Source Forge award.
In this post, I plan on laying out multiple common problems with RMI, that a developer can run into. I hope that this will be a concise guide to fixing the common RMI problems that beginners run into. As I come up with more, I will edit this post, rather than creating a new one. I will then post a comment on this entry; if you are subscribed to the comments (RSS feed), you will get notification when there is an update.
Also, if you are having some sort of RMI trouble, post a comment, and I will let you know if I know the solution. I may also add the solution directly to this post, if it happens to actually be an RMI related issue.
I'm just learning EJB3, and I'm stumbling here and there. When developing an EJB object, I had a problem where the compiler was giving me an error that says "annotation type not applicable to this kind of declaration". It was on a line like the following...
Obviously this is normal to use on a method. Unfortunately, I had it defined on not just any method, but the constructor method of my Java class. It took me awhile to figure out why it was happening, so I thought would spare others a bit of grief.