There have been two updates since they said they’d fix it. Neither update fixed it. If you run into this, please contact razer and bug them about fixing it. In the end, I posted on their facebook, and ended up getting a very quick response and resolution. My keyboard firmware was out of date by quite a bit. Once support got back to me with a firmware update file, I installed it and all is well. If you are having troubles, please contact them; perhaps mention the firmware, because the people I was originally dealing with just kept blowing me off.
I’ve been having this problem with Windows 7. I’m not sure if this solution will work on any other Windows platform, but it may. I am not even sure that this is a safe operation for Razer Synapse, as it may lose your settings. I haven’t had a problem, but I make no claims or warranties as to whether this causes problems on your system.
If this is happening to you, it’s because of synapse, not your keyboard. Their software gets messed up during the unlocking of the session somehow. This solution will fix it.
Start by creating a new vb script in a file like closeapp.vbs, and place it in your Documents folder or something. The file contents are below…
set objwmiservice = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")
strprocessname = wscript.arguments.item(0)
strquery = "select * from win32_process where name='" & strprocessname & "'"
set colitems = objwmiservice.execquery(strquery,,48)
for each objitem in colitems
Next create a new scheduled task to close the synapse application, by opening your “Task Scheduler” in the start menu.
- If you press the window key, and just type “task” in to the search it should come up without problems. Call the task something sensible, such as “close synapse”.
- On the Triggers tab, add a trigger “On workstation lock”.
- On the Actions tab, add a new action to “Start a program” with the executable of “cscript.exe”. The arguments should have “C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\closeapp.vbs rzsynapse.exe
Now create a new scheduled task to open synapse upon unlock again. In the “Task Scheduler”…
- Call the task something sensible like “start synapse”
- On the Triggers tab, add a trigger “On workstation unlock”.
- On the Actions tab, add a new action to “start a program” with the executable of “C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse\RzSynapse.exe”
Now, every time your workstation locks with a password it will close synapse. Every time you unlock the workstation with your password it will start synapse again.
Please note that you need to be careful not to hit any keys until you see the Razer synapse window popup on the task tray momentarily. That shows that it has been loaded. The reason is because the same thing will happen with ANY key, if you hit that key at the right moment as the synapse software loads. I had this happen when I typed an ‘h’.